Chartered Institute of Logisitics and Transport
FREE EVENT – full details here.
|Date:||Tuesday April 1st 2014|
|Time:||10:00 (for 10:30) – 16:45|
|Venue:||Transport for London, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ|
A CILT Accessibility and Inclusion Forum Event
Many of the UK’s large and growing population of older people are making a significant contribution to the country’s economy but the size of the ageing population also creates both economic and social challenges – not least to the transport industries.
The purpose of this seminar is to take an in-depth and balanced look at the reality of enabling older people to remain independently mobile – in both urban and rural communities.
Topics for discussion will include the key part that free bus travel places in enabling many older people to support working age families, and undertake voluntary work among other activities.
- Louise Ellman MP, Chair, Transport Select Committee
- Peter Rayner, Vice President, National Pensioners Convention, and Chair of the CILT Accessibility and Inclusion Forum
- Ann Frye, Ann Frye Ltd and Vice Chair of the CILT Accessibility and Inclusion Forum
- Karl Demian, Assistant Director of Strategy & Impact, Royal Volunteer Service
- Professor Roger Mackett, University College London
- Rodd Bond, Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Alice Woudhuysen, Age UK
- Phil Southall, Operations Director, Oxford Bus Company
- Philip Oxley, Oxley Research
- Pauline Reeves, Deputy Director, Sustainable Accessible Travel, DfT
Speakers will also focus on what needs to be done to create environments within which older people can live without support and at how to make sense of the costs of mobility – who pays and who benefits. The perspective of the bus operator will play an important part in this discussion.
The seminar will bring together speakers with a wealth of experience and expertise both academic and practical and will focus on the issues that face the UK in the coming years and how best to address the needs of or ageing populations in a way that makes economic sense for all of us.
To book, contact Membership Services 01536 74010401536 740104 or email email@example.com quoting Event Code: AIF0305.
For the day’s agenda please click here.
Refreshments and a light buffet lunch will be provided.